This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 12:22 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of counterfeit money in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue; investigation continues.
• At 1:38 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of disorderly conduct and harassment in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road; investigation continues.
• At 6:53 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a disturbance report in the 9400 block of Del Rae Road; a juvenile was arrested and taken to Johnson Youth Center.
• At 2:51 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of domestic violence involving a 38-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 3:56 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of an assault in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to four EMS calls in the area throughout the day. At 12:40 p.m., firefighters were dispatched for the smell of smoke on 12th Street; the source was found to be an unattended stove. At 7:06 p.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm on Glacier Highway; on arrival, units found no sign of smoke or fire.
• On Tuesday, CCFR responded to nine EMS calls and one medical transport. At 6:08 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a vehicle fire on Egan Drive and extinguished the fire. At 6:15 p.m., firefighters responded to an active fire alarm on Amalga Street that had been triggered by burnt food. At 11:09 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to an arcing transformer on Whittier Street; on arrival, units found smoke but no fire, and established a safe area until the power company could get there.
• At 9:16 a.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of possible harassment in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 3:43 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a shoplifting from Fred Meyer; investigation continues.
• At 7:28 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a shoplifting report in the 5200 block of Commercial Boulevard.
• At 2:47 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report by a 33-year-old man in the 12400 block of Mendenhall Loop Road that someone entered his unlocked boat and stole a fish finder worth an estimated $1,600, binoculars valued at $1,100 and a spotlight worth an estimated $50. The man believed the theft happened late at night on Feb. 8.
• At 3:07 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a reported theft in the 5600 block of Montana Creek Road; investigation continues.
• At 5:19 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of the theft of a firearm in the Juneau area; investigation continues.
• At 8:38 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of a theft from a parking lot at Juneau International Airport. Investigation continues.
• At 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, JPD responded to a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 8800 block of Mallard Street.